Monday, August 29, 2011

Where am I?

If you live in the Northeast, this past week was a doozy. As I watched (no matter how hard I tried to change the channel) all of the Hurricane Irene coverage predicted to destroy everything in her path, I recall thinking that if things happen in threes, what’s next? Earlier in the week, many of my friends felt the earthquake that rumbled through here. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I didn't get to experience the shake up. Yes, an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week in New Jersey! What would the third force be?

Well, as I was glued to the TV, my screen goes black and now they’re predicting a tornado. I’m thrilled to say that I, my family and friends came through this week relatively unscathed. Power outages are still an issue for many, but in all, folks are safe.

Feeling very fortunate, I hope you and yours are all safe and well. Aside from cleaning up downed limbs and taking long routes to travel due to flooding, all is well here. I wonder what I’m going to do with all of this Spam and water!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio